It seems like today, more and more, so-called “Christ-like” organizations are popping up everywhere with their spin on the message of hope. It’s been my first hand experience that many merely take the Word of God and twist and manipulate it to accommodate some secret purpose and agenda that feeds fear rather than soothes with hope, love, and healing. Many call this methodology “anti-christ”. Below I have listed a brief but relevant look into exposing such practices by revealing the top five characteristics mostly associated with mainstream cults.
1. They are the only mouthpiece of God. No one can hear from Him
unless it goes through their chosen individual who is set apart by God Himself.
2. They are the only “real” move of God. What they are doing is
relevant and all others are out of
the will of God, making them “Elitists”.
3. There’s certain criteria to being connected to the fold. You have to make personal life choices that line up with secret doctrines
which completely contradict
God’s word. If you fail to
align yourself, you will be
ostracized. (i.e., clothing, hair
styles, abstaining from certain
4. End-time prophecy and “dooms-day” fear tactics replace the more stable faith-based subjects like grace, mercy, and love. They lead people to Christ with fear, creating condemnation, making it easier to control and brain-wash new converts.
5. The redemptive act of Calvary, and the shedding of Christ’s
blood is replaced with their
works. They focus more on the
matters of “legalism” which forces what you can’t do in comparison to what freedoms
you really have. Truth and love
are absent and almost non-existant.
Do you know someone that is bound by such things? Are you? Ask God to grant you wisdom to say the right things to share the love of Christ with mercy and grace. They need the truth in love. The most important thing to remember is that they’re not bad people, just led astray by the “spirit of the age”, which is anti-christ.
Lastly, ask God to reveal anything in “you” that contradicts Him and his word. Repent and allow the Redeemer to work in you fresh and new things.
Scripture of the day:
Apostle Paul said:
“But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!” Galatians 1:8-9(NASB)
Have a beautiful day in the Lord!